A Little About Me...
Well, I could start at the beginning and go on about how being artistic has been in my bones since I was a young girl, how my art has always been the way I have expressed myself and all that (which is true)...but who's kidding who here, lets get down to the knitty gritty and get to the good stuff! Here are a few things about me...
* In case you have no idea who I am, my name is Rikki; owner, creator, designer and hands on girl that makes all of this happen! I am the designer, creator, manager, marketer, customer service rep and shipper!
* I have been extremely blessed with the people I call my loved ones. My family is my rock and have supported my free spirited ways the whole way through. I honestly would not be here, doing any of this if it wasn't for their support.
* I turned 38 this year!! WTH!! I am not sure what happened to 25 to be honest haha. Something incredible happened to me last year, I became a mommy. I had always been on the fence about kids, not because I didn't like them but honestly, I couldn't find a descent man that I wanted to settle down with. Yup, I could and should write a book about the crazy relationships that I have been in. Seriously, haha, I would knock your socks off with the s#!%$ that I know!! We will save that for another day.
* Ok, back to this mommy business! The little guy in the pics is my son Milo. He is the most incredible thing imaginable and the best thing I have ever done with my life! The happiest little guy a mom could ask for! Check my blog for the birth deets.
* I love a great sense of humour! People that can make me laugh have my heart. There is nothing better than laughing until you cry...and snort! Yup, this happens occasionally and then I just laugh even more!
* I am quite shy around people I don't know, that being said, once I get to know you I will make you laugh until it hurts, talk your ear off and probably give you the shirt off my back and shoes off my feet if ever needed.
*I get bored easily! So true, in fact, I have changed so much over the years and feel as though I am still finding myself. Sometimes you need to get lost to find your way...
* I am a huge animal lover, as you can see from the photos, dogs are my preference. Justice (aka Fuzzy Bum Bear and Lovey Bear) is my fuzzy brown fur baby. I have had her for almost 13 years! How times flies... I still remember her cuddling up on my lap way back when I painted pics on canvas for art galleries. Marley (aka Monkey) is my Mastiff X. She is a sweet girl with a strong personality to say the least! Marley is 8 years old now and still likes to cause trouble here and there!!
* My customers are really the coolest people on earth! They truly are! They mean the world to me and I am extremely grateful that they keep following me on this journey.
Enough about me for now :)
A Little About The Brand...
As a designer, I create items that I love to wear everyday. I make products that are fun and free spirited, feeling good in what you wear is so important. Standing out from everyone else is a huge part of why I do what I do. Being yourself and being unique is something every woman should embrace, be free and let your true beauty show through.
A Little About The Products...
Every item is handcrafted in Canada (Alberta to be exact) with my own two hands. I do not have factories or warehouses full of stock, everything is made and shipped from my home studio. I try very hard to source out supplies that are manufactured in Canada as well, supporting local is extremely important to me.
A Little About The Process...
With each new item that is created, a little piece of my heart and soul is weaved through the design. I sketch out every design by hand and make all of my own patterns. Once I get to a point where I am happy I make a "mock" up piece to see if my crazy design will even see the light of day.
I have a great deal of fun naming each piece, I find that everything I make has such a great story to tell and how can you tell a story without starting with a name! I gravitate towards Native American culture, the beauty in the ancient culture speaks to me. Every item that has a name in my collection is Native American inspired.
Thank you so much for following along and getting to know a little about me and my little business.
To edit the content on this page, go to the Pages section of your Shopify admin.